Click to Home
Print
RSSLikeFollow

Go To Search
Courthouse
Courthouse Phone Numbers and Email Contacts

SC_Courthouse2_thumb_thumb.jpg


An act of the Alabama Legislature officially changed the name of Shelby County’s county seat to Columbiana on January 13, 1832. Columbiana was incorporated on December 5, 1837 with corporate limits one-quarter of a mile in each direction from the public square.  In 1854, the decision was made to build a larger courthouse at the south end of “Silk Stocking Road”, now Main Street. From 1854 to 1908 several additions and changes were made to the courthouse.  In 1905 construction began two blocks north of the existing courthouse on a new marble courthouse (Photo above). The new courthouse was completed in 1908 and has been renovated and enlarged on a number of occasions. The new courthouse has served Shelby County for over 100 years.

Contact Us
Shelby County Courthouse
112 Main St.
Columbiana, AL 35051
Driving Directions

Clerk of Court
Mary Harris

Circuit Court Judges
Judge Hewitt Conwill, Presiding
Judge William H. Bostick,III
Judge Hub Harrington
Judge G. Daniel Reeves

District Court Judges
Judge Ronald E. Jackson, Presiding 
Judge Jim R. Kramer 

Judge of Probate
James W. Fuhrmeister

District Attorney's Office
Robert E. Owens, Jr.

Coroner's Office
Diana New

Public Defender's Office
Billy Hill

Juvenile Court Services
John Miller

Court Administrator
Jennifer Nalu

Community Corrections
David Horn
Shelby County, Alabama
200 West College St.
Columbiana, AL 35051
Ph: (205) 670-6550